full service business law field
administrative law and administrative litigation, insolvency law, labor law, capital markets
Our comprehensive range of services includes:
• negotiation, drafting and advice on a wide variety of contracts, both domestic and international;
• property management;
• registration of property rights;
• debt recovery;
• forced enforcement procedures;
• advising banks and their clients in connection with lending contracts;
• negotiation of the individual and collective bargaining agreements, legal solutions in view of collective lay-outs
• Wills and separation of assets.
We are offering:
• Advise regarding the relevant legislation in the energy field- electricity and gas (European legislation, primary and secondary legislation);
• Advise for getting the necessary licenses to operate on the energy market;
• Advise for negotiating the contract of connection/distribution/supply of electricity/gas;
• Advise to electricity/gas consumers regarding the fulfillment of the supply/distribution agreements- we refer to abusive disconnection, non fulfillment of the quality parameters by the supplied energy, issue of invoices in disregard of the contract, etc.;
• Advise to distributors/suppliers of electricity in relationship with clients, OPCOM or ANRE;
• Advise for renewable energy projects (especially wind energy).
We specialize in all aspects of shipping and international trade, providing a full range of legal services in Romania, to the international shipping community. Our core areas of strength include:
• Admiralty: Collisions, salvage, towage, groundings, general and particular average, fires and explosions, pollution, wreck removal and all other types of marine losses and casualties.
• Cargo: Cargo claims arising out of marine casualties, contamination claims, claims for indemnities in respect of salvage and general average contributions.
• Shipping and Transportation Contracts.
• Marine insurance, P&I, H&M, cargo.
• Shipbuilding & Repair: We offer assistance and advice on drafting shipbuilding and repair contracts and disputes arising there under.
• Disputes before the Courts and in Arbitration, including ship arrests and detentions.
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION
We work with our clients to resolve disputes efficiently and effectively.
We cover all major areas of litigation and dispute resolution upholding client’s interests:
• In front of any Romanian legal system courts, ranging from civil, commercial to administrative, tax, customs, criminal and employment jurisdictions;
• In relation to commercial and corporate disputes, debt recovery procedures, administrative law, maritime law disputes;
• Fiscal and customs disputes arising from the erroneous enforcement of legal regulations regarding VAT, profit tax, income tax, Double Taxation Treaties, custom duties, fiscal and customs incentives;
• Reorganization and bankruptcy proceedings;
• Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments;
• In wide variety of conciliation and arbitration proceedings before Romanian and foreign arbitral forums.
Our counseling include matters pertaining to:
• Companies: Legal address and registered office, bank account opening and management, corporate documents, share structures, shareholder and director resolutions as well as dissolution agreements, a full range of corporate governance advisory activities, legal solutions in view of corporate vehicles, assistance during the day-to-day business operations and management, general corporate and commercial advice;
• Insolvency: Corporate Liquidation or Reconstruction, creditors representation in the creditors’ committees, litigious aspects of insolvency, acting in insolvency matters and administrations;
• Disputes between the shareholders or between the shareholders and the company regarding the setting up, the running up or management of the company, as well as modification of the corporate documents.
CUSTOMS AND TAXATION
Our advice covers matters such as:
• Customs law and classification of taxes and duties.
• VAT, excise duties, profit and revenue taxation involving Romanian or foreign entities.
• Foreign investment incentives and relevant mechanisms.
• Representation in front of Romanian fiscal authorities and assistance during disputes involving such authorities.
ASSOCIATIONS AND FOUNDATIONS
• consulting, assistance and representation for the incorporation of a non-profit organization in Romania;
• documents of these organizations;
• permanent consulting related to the legal activity of the organizations.
• legal assistance and representation in front of the special commissions of the sports’ federations (eg. FRF, FRG, FRH);
• negotiating contracts between sportsmen and clubs, leagues or federations;
• previous conciliation procedures;
• legal assistance and representation in litigation;
• setting up/modifying sport clubs;
• support in getting the Sport Identity Certificate.
• consulting, assistance and representation in the criminal proceedings stage and before courts of law for law violations stipulated by the criminal code and by special laws (economic law violations, violations stipulated by the Fiscal Code etc.);
• criminal complaints drawing up.